Position Title: Membership Director.
Job Station: Nigeria.
Membership Director job opportunity is available at Soho House for individuals who possess relevant qualifications.
- Recruitment & retention: drive regional membership recruitment through an extensive breadth of personal contacts in the creative industries, work to build and strengthen the Committees and applications and be responsible for hitting quarterly member targets for CWH & Soho House Digital members in your region. Collect and analyse retention metrics as well as member survey data to better understand the needs and wants of the members across the regions
- Team Management: successfully recruit, lead and manage a diverse, high performing global membership team
- Soho House Digital Launch: working with other teams, be responsible for the delivery of the strategy ensuring a successful launch and growth of digital membership in Africa
- Committees: oversee and be responsible for building, growing and motivating the Membership Committees in your region, ensuring they are of sufficient size and optimally balanced in terms of age, sex, industry and level of experience
- Events: Foster the creation, implementation and hosting of regular events and experiences for CWH & Soho House Digital members across your region, working closely with the Experiences team to execute the calendar of events, ensuring each event delivers the Soho House magic and promotes member engagement
- Communication: execute a communications plan for your region, ensuring your members receive relevant and regular content and communication
- Soho House magic: partner with membership leaders to prospect and recruit high-profile membership for your region
- Liaisons: oversee and be responsible for the recruitment and management of liaison in your cities, setting them objectives and managing their performance
- Membership Quality: review all membership applications ensuring all approved members meet the quality and calibre for membership
- Membership Admin & Introduction: ensure all internal admin processes are followed correctly and all members receive an introduction to Soho House, hosting member introductions as and when required for your region
- Local outreach: Engage in considerable networking and outreach activity in your region to establish key local individuals, connectors, opinion leaders and inspirational creatives to build brand awareness, spread goodwill and attract new members
- Managing member behaviour: take the lead in all member behaviour in your region, leading your team and making potentially difficult calls to members regarding behavioural issues, detailing notes of the conversations to be documented. Ensure all member behaviour/conduct/attire issues are correctly documented and followed up on swiftly.
- Member Benefits: oversee Member Benefits with partners and brands for your region
- Local Intel: gather intel on the make up of the creative industries in your region, the population, which areas are the cool areas to be in, where people hang out, what trends and challenges are present in the city
- Wider Membership Team: take part in periodic conference calls or meetings with international membership colleagues to discuss current issues, as well as brainstorms and creative meetings as appropriate.
- Brand Ambassador: be a Soho House brand ambassador wherever in the world you go, always embodying our core values and bringing the Soho House magic
- New Openings – support the transition from a City to a House as and when required, working with the House membership team to ensure the member journey is smooth and the member is kept engaged throughout the transition
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:-
DESIRED EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATION:-
- Ideally the candidate will have worked in a leadership role for a brand that has a presence across Africa in more than one country.
- Five years+ of experience minimum working across different cultures in Africa, ideally based in region.
- Ten years+ of experience working in marketing, membership, content, events or hospitality for a global brand.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English with a bonus being the ability to speak another language to a high verbal standard that is relevant to the region.
- Eligibility to work in Johannesburg or Lagos (current resident, visa, national)
- Experience with developing deep external partnerships preferred
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative and proactive; a team leader who can positively and productively impact both strategic and tactical finance and administrative initiatives.
- An individual with an extensive book of contacts in the creative industries in your cities.
- Flexibility to travel frequently around your region, as well as working late nights and weekends as and when required.
- Strong organisational and management abilities.
- Charismatic, confident and creative personality, ideally passionate in the creative verticals of fashion, art, music and film and a natural networker.
- A well-travelled individual with an educated worldview and a learned appreciation of different cultures, politics, areas, creative groups and social scenes with experience navigating cultural differences between African cultures
- Eye for detail, with a strong aesthetic, turning this natural ability to translate the Soho House brand with content, experiences, and interactions with members.
- Self-motivated and driven to get things done without a team around them.
- Experience working in diverse teams and managing people of different cultures, backgrounds, and demographics, with a passion for creating diversity and inclusion policies across internal teams and externally with members, promoting the vision of Soho House’s diversity and inclusion policies.
- Daily use of the Microsoft Office Suite, Salesforce and other systems.
- Soho House offers competitive compensation packages that feature global benefits and perks.
- Whether you’re seeking entry-level employment or a new opportunity to expand your profession, we offer training to develop the technical and managerial skills necessary to grow your career
Interested and qualified candidates should:
WHO IS Soho House?
Soho House – We are a collection of members’ clubs, restaurants, hotels and cinemas, catering to those in the film, media, fashion and creative industries. The company has unique ventures throughout the UK, USA, Canada, Europe and Asia, with new openings planned globally. Soho House is a space for its diverse membership and teams to connect, grow, have fun and make an impact.
PLEASE help others by Sharing This Job Opportunity on: