Position Title: Project Support Assistant (Community Dialogue / Public Information).
Job Station: Borno State.
Project Support Assistant (Community Dialogue / Public Information) job opportunity is available at international Organization for Migration (IOM) for individuals who possess a first degree, Higher diploma or diploma in International Affairs, Development Studies, Journalism, or a related field.
- Working under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission and the direct supervision of the Public Information Officer (project manager), the incumbent will work within selected camps and camp-like settings as well as in host communities to assist in the implementation of the project ‘Strengthening community engagement, information sharing and capacity building in COVID-19 response in north-east Nigeria’.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for implementing risk communication and community engagement activities on COVID-19 treatment, prevention and support in north-east Nigeria, including by overseeing the timely and effective identification, planning and delivery of activities.
- The incumbent will also be responsible for monitoring and reporting activities and closely liaise with relevant programmes including Camp Coordination and Camp Management (CCCM) and site facilitators to ensure the successful completion of tasks.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:-
Design, implementation, and monitoring of distribution of Information, Education and Communication (IEC) materials:
- Liaise with the project manager and service providers to design and produce posters and leaflets on COVID-19 prevention measures, treatment and support.
- Coordinate with CCCM staff to identify target locations and organize the distribution of IEC materials.
- Track the dissemination and impact of these materials by developing, distributing, collecting and analysing Knowledge, Attitude and Practices (KAP) surveys among targeted populations.
Dissemination of radio programmes, radio dramas and public service announcements (PSAs):
- Organize listening groups of pre-recorded radio programmes, radio dramas, and PSAs for various vulnerable groups, including women, children and people with disabilities in safe spaces and reception centres in camps and camp-like settings and other public spaces within host communities.
Dissemination of video materials in camp and camp-like settings:
- Organize viewing groups of pre-recorded TV PSAs and other audiovisual IEC materials for targeted populations.
- Organize baseline and endline focus group discussions in camps and camp-like settings to collect, analyse and address concerns of IDPs and host communities in Borno and Adamawa states focusing on risk communication and behavior change messages and materials.
- Actively collaborate with CCCM and other programme staff in camps and camp-like settings for the collection and analysis of perceptions on COVID-19 and IOM’s preparedness and response from internally displaced people and host communities.
- Provide inputs to- and collect external visibility materials under the project to showcase achievements and provide donor updates.
- Take up duty travel to deep-field location to ensure the successful completion of assigned tasks.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
DESIRED EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATION:-
- A first degree, Higher diploma or diploma in International Affairs, Development Studies, Journalism, or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or
- University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience.
- Minimum Two years’ experience (or four years for candidates holding Bachelor’s Degrees) in media and communications, particularly in the context of Emergency Response and Disaster Management, preferably in north-east Nigeria;
- Experience in Camp Coordination and Camp Management Activities including community mobilization, sensitization and coordination of distribution of information materials to conflict-affected populations.
- Operational and extensive field experience in project implementation, reporting and evaluation.
- Experience in post-conflict/emergency zones and in working in a high-risk environment, project management and administrative and financial management (previous experience with IOM an advantage)
- Combination of training and experience in field of operations, preferably in natural disaster or post conflict situations;
- Ability to timely understand the Organization’s structure and portfolios;
- Required (specify the required knowledge):
- English (Fluent), Hausa (Fluent), Kanuri and any other local languages
- Experience in liaising with governmental authorities and local communities, as well as national and international institutions preferably within the United Nationals Common System and the International Humanitarian Field;
- Strong organizational and editorial skills;
- Inclusion and respect for diversity respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators:
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
- Only candidates residing in the country of the duty station within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered.
- Women with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply
25th January, 2021.
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to submit their applications via email to: HRNIGERIA@iom.int indicating position number on the subject line.
more information (PDF)
- All applications should include a functional e-mail address and mobile phone number
- Please note that only applications sent by email will be accepted and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
WHO IS international Organization for Migration (IOM)?
The International Organization for Migration (IOM) – Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.View More Jobs at international Organization for Migration (IOM)
PLEASE help others by Sharing This Job Opportunity on: