Position Title: Senior Programme Support Assistant (Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning).
Job Station: Borno State.
Senior Programme Support Assistant (Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning) job opportunity is available at international Organization for Migration (IOM) for individuals who possess relevant qualifications.
- Under the overall guidance of the head of sub-office and the direct supervision of the Programme Coordinator (PSU) , and in close co-ordination with senior management, resources management and programme managers, the successful candidate will assist in the implementation of monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning aspects of IOM programmes and projects under the purview of the sub-office (Maiduguri) in particular in line with the expectations of IOM and partners monitoring, evaluation, learning and accountability requirements.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:-
- Assist the PSU Programme Coordinator and Programme Support Officers in the development and implementation of an overall framework for project/programme monitoring, evaluation, learning and accountability.
- Assist IOM staff and implementing partners in both quantitative and qualitative monitoring aspects, including the provision of technical advice for ongoing evaluation of programme/project activities, effects, and impacts, and complying with project specific reporting requirements.
- Assist in drafting and reviewing regular project/programme monitoring reports for internal as well as external stakeholders.
- Liaise with information management and M&E staff to support standardized and principled sharing of data pertaining to indicators of programmes/projects performance and achievements.
- Assist in the process of identifying key performance questions, indicators and parameters for monitoring programmes/projects performance and achievements.
- Provide technical support to Project Managers, staff, and partners to use data effectively for decision-making. Identify and suggest opportunities for training on M&E.
- Organize trainings, participate in providing procedural and technical guidance/support and respond to M&E activities/documentation queries from staff in the sub-office.
- Assist units in ensuring output and outcome achievements are reflected and updated in a timely manner based on a Results Based Management (RBM) framework approach.
- Maintain accurate and pertinent records of all correspondence, monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning products and tools as well as reporting files, and administration information.
- Undertake regular duty travel in Nigeria to implement and oversee monitoring, evaluation and learning activities.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned
DESIRED EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATION:-
- University degree in Social Sciences, Economics, International Relations, or a related field from an accredited academic institution with 4 years of relevant experience or High School Diploma in the above fields with six years of relevant working experience; or
- Master’s degree in the above fields with two years of relevant professional experience
- Experience with international humanitarian organizations, non-governmental or governmental institutions/organizations in a multi-cultural setting.
- Proven experience in the development and implementation of monitoring and evaluation tools and methodologies.
- Proven experience with M&E methods and approaches, planning and implementation of M&E systems, information/data analysis
- Proven experience in report writing.
- Sound knowledge of emergency and transition program planning and implementation.
- Prior experience in working in a program is an asset.
- Strong ability to understand, develop and implement administrative and financial control procedures.
- Ability to use Access databases and Microsoft Excel, Access, Outlook, and Word software.
- Fluency in English and working knowledge the local language.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent, and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2:
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge, and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring, and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2:
- Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example, and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
- Empowering others & building trust creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
- Strategic thinking and vision: work strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
- This is a national position and only candidates residing in the country of the duty station within commuting distance will be considered.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment.
24th January, 2021.
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to submit their Applications via email to: HRNIGERIA@iom.int indicating position number on subject line
more information (PDF)
- In order for the applications to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications with a cover letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for application, addressed to Human Resources, International Organization for
- Migration (IOM) and with a subject line SVN2021.91 Senior Programme Support Assistant (Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning).
- All applications should include a functional email address, mobile numbers, and detailed curriculum vitae (CV).
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
WHO IS international Organization for Migration (IOM)?
The International Organization for Migration (IOM) – Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.View More Jobs at international Organization for Migration (IOM)
PLEASE help others by Sharing This Job Opportunity on: