Position Title: Downstream Oil Industry Analyst.
Job Station: Nigeria.
Downstream Oil Industry Analyst job opportunity is available at Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) for individuals who possess University degree in Refining Engineering, Petroleum Marketing, Energy Economics or equivalent.
- The Energy Studies Department monitors, analyzes and forecasts world energy developments in the medium and long term and reports thereon, in particular providing in-depth studies and reports on energy issues. It monitors developments and undertakes specific studies on energy demand and production-related technology, assessing implications for OPEC.
- It identifies and follows up key areas of energy-related emerging technologies and research and development (R&D), facilitates and supports planning and implementation of collaborative energy-related R&D programs of Member Countries, as well as identifies prospects for OPEC participation in major international R&D activities.
- It carries out studies and reports on developments in the petroleum industry, providing effective tools for carrying out model-based studies of analyses and projections of energy supply/demand and downstream simulation.
- It elaborates OPEC Long Term Strategy and monitors, analyzes and reports on relevant national or regional policies (fiscal, energy, trade and environmental), assessing their impacts on energy markets.
Objective of Position:
- To study and analyse developments in the refining, petrochemical and oil transportation/distribution sectors;
- To assess the implications of technological advances, environmental policy and other relevant developments for the downstream oil industry; and
- To conduct qualitative and quantitative studies on the medium to long term outlook for the downstream oil sector; to contribute to the World Oil Outlook.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:-
- Studies and analyses developments in refining, petroleum product quality specifications, products trade, crude and products transportation, petrochemicals, downstream investments.
- Studies and assesses the technological, environmental, political and other relevant developments for the downstream oil industry and assesses their implications.
- Coordinates data gathering and data treatment required for conducting studies and analyses on the above subject matters.
- Contributes to maintaining and running the downstream models.
- Contributes to the World Oil Outlook.
- Contributes to and delivers speeches, articles and presentations at internal meetings and various international forums.
- Carries out any other tasks assigned by the relevant superiors as pertain to his/her background, qualifications and position.
DESIRED EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATION:-
- University degree in Refining Engineering, Petroleum Marketing, Energy Economics or equivalent;
- Advanced degree preferred.
- University degree: 8 years oil refining, marketing, transportation or energy economics
- Advanced degree: 6 years.
- Refining operations and technology
- Petroleum market analysis
- International oil market assessment an asset.
- Communication skills
- Analytical skills
- Presentation skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Customer service orientation
- Initiative and integrity.
- Members of the Secretariat are international employees whose responsibilities are not national but exclusively international. In carrying out their functions they have to demonstrate the personal qualities expected of international employees such as integrity, independence and impartiality.
- The post is at grade E reporting to the Head, Energy Studies Department. The compensation package, including expatriate benefits, is commensurate with the level of the post.
11th April, 2021.
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to fill in a résumé and an application form which can be received from their Country’s Governor (PDF) (See Nigeria address below) for OPEC or Click Here (Ms Word) to download Application Form. In order for applications to be considered, the application form and resume must reach the OPEC Secretariat through the relevant Governor not later than the closing date stated above.
NIGERIA COUNTRY GOVERNOR
Federal Republic of Nigeria
Dr. Omar Farouk Ibrahim, MCIPR,
Group General Manager, International Energy Relations (GGM IER),
Governor for OPEC,
Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation – NNPC,
Block D 10th Floor, Room 04, NNPC Towers,
Download Application Form (Ms Word)
Note: Applicants must be nationals of Member Countries of OPEC and should not be older than 58 years.
WHO IS Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC)?
Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) – We coordinate and unify the petroleum policies of its Member Countries and ensure the stabilization of oil markets in order to secure an efficient, economic and regular supply of petroleum to consumers, a steady income to producers and a fair return on capital for those investing in the petroleum industry.View More Jobs at Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC)
PLEASE help others by Sharing This Job Opportunity on: