Position Title: Finance Controller - West Africa.
Job Station: Nigeria.
Finance Controller - West Africa job opportunity is available at Pivotage Consulting Limited for individuals who possess relevant qualifications.
- Pivotage Consulting Limited has been retained to conduct a search for a top-level management position in a reputable client organization. This brief provides limited information about the role to interested persons.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:-
The Finance Controller West Africa who will work closely with the Global Controllership Team (located in Mumbai, India), to provide financial expertise with regards to the accounting and tax compliance in Nigeria and other countries in the West Africa where firm may expand in future, and you will be responsible for:
- Ensuring accurate month-close / quarter-close and year-close processes and manage all financial reporting responsibilities
- Lead closure of all statutory and tax audits, external and internal audits
- Finalization of the financial statements and perform the required analytical review of the financial statements
- Discuss auditor queries and close all issues raised by the auditors
- Manage tax and overall account reconciliations to ensure the balance sheet is stated accurately
- Responsible for ensuring accounting in accordance with Local GAAP and US GAAP
- Manage all direct and indirect tax filings, reporting, analysis and all of its underlying processes
- Assist in all Transfer pricing assessments, filings, reporting and processes
- Assist in liaising with the Service provider for getting the Transfer pricing study completed on a yearly basis
- Responsible for preparing the necessary Tax reporting package on a quarterly basis for provision of all the status updates to Global finance team
- Responsible for ensuring that the correct with-holding tax rate has been used for deducting the tax for all the required heads and all relevant items have been included for with-holding tax deduction
- Responsible for getting the remittance done on time for all statutory payments on monthly, quarterly or annually.
- Responsible for maintenance of the monthly Compliance Dashboard and to ensure that all statutory payments are made on time
- Partner with global finance team to execute finance initiatives across organization as required from time to time
- Drive visibility into variable cost accounting, variable cost productivity, project margins analysis and other key financial metrics.
- Responsible for creation of masters with all the relevant information of the customers and vendors and maintenance of necessary documents for them.
- Lead the process of employee reimbursements.
DESIRED EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATION:-
- Chartered Accountant / CPA or Equivalent.
- 4-5 years relevant hands on work experience in Controllership, accounting or taxation practices.
- Relevant work experience with Big 4 audit firms or MNCs.
- Excellent analytical skills, able to clearly link financial results to operational performance drivers, generate alternatives and drive positive change.
- Clear thinking / problem solving, able to lead projects/process improvement within operations / finance function.
- Able to break down complex issues into simpler steps and resolve them.
- Fluent in written and verbal English communication.
- Excellent presentation skills and strong executive presence.
- Ability to prioritize & promote teamwork.
26th March, 2021.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title (Finance Controller- West Africa) as the subject of their application.
WHO IS Pivotage Consulting Limited?
Pivotage Consulting Limited – Our client is a Multi-national company, specializing in alternative energy, particularly the design, financing and distribution of solar-powered home energy products with presence in Africa and Asia, and products that serves an estimated 53 million people across 35 countries.
PLEASE help others by Sharing This Job Opportunity on: