Position Title: Head, Public Relations and Information Department.
Job Station: Nigeria.
Head, Public Relations and Information Department job opportunity is available at Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) for individuals who possess relevant qualifications.
- The Department is responsible for presenting OPEC objectives, decisions and actions in their true and most desirable perspective; disseminating news of general interest regarding the Organization and the Member Countries on energy and related matters; and carrying out a central information programme and identifying suitable areas for the promotion of the Organization’s aims and image.
Objective of Position:
- Plans, organizes, coordinates, manages and evaluates the work of the Public Relations and Information Department in accordance with the work programme and budget of the Department so as to optimize its support to the Secretariat in achieving its objectives.
- The work aims at creating and maintaining a positive image of the Organization and at ensuring the dissemination of publications and journals at the highest professional standard.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:-
- Plans, organizes, coordinates, manages and evaluates the work in the Public Relations & Information Department by:
- Suggesting ways and means of promoting the image of the Organization;
- Regularly dispatching information to the broad public through the media and disseminating information and news on OPEC;
- Informing and seeking dialogues with targeted policy-making bodies, institutions and organizations;
- Identifying and strengthening avenues for dialogue between OPEC, other institutions and the general public;
- Monitoring the media to evaluate public perception about the Organization, and recommending, where necessary, any disinformation about the Organization through the Director, Support Services Division to the Secretary-General;
- Ensuring that publications and public relations activities are fully consistent with the pursuit of OPEC aims and objectives, and policies, and of highest professional standard in terms of language, format and layout;
- Updating and sustaining the OPEC website
- Establishes and maintains close contacts with the media and arranges print, radio, TV and internet interviews to promote objective presentation of OPEC, its aims and objectives as well as the work of the Secretariat
- Ensures full responses to requests by the Conference, BOG and standing committees for studies and special reports relevant to the work program of the Department
- Arranges presentations at relevant OPEC meetings and international forums representing the Secretariat as required
- Develops and maintains networks with external experts and institutions in fields relating to the work of the Department
- Keeps the Director, Support Services Division fully informed on all aspects of the work of the Department, and draws his attention to important analyses performed by it
- Evaluates the performance of the staff of the Department, and recommends to the Director, Support Services Division of staff development, salary increase, promotion and separations as appropriate
- Ensures that the staff of the Department receive the supervision and guidance necessary to broaden and deepen their skills and continuously improve their performance
- Prepares the annual budget for the Department
- Carries out any other tasks assigned to him/her by the Director, Support Services Division
DESIRED EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATION:-
- Advanced university degree in Media Studies, Journalism, Public Relations, International Relations or relevant Social Sciences
- PhD preferred.
- 12 years in journalism, information management and/or public relations in the media or in an energy-related establishment with a minimum of 4 years in a managerial position, preferably at large national, regional, or international institutions
- PhD: 10 years
- Knowledge of modern information practice and techniques
- Professional Management & Leadership
- Membership of a professional body (Public Relations or Journalism) is an advantage
- Knowledge of energy development issues an asset
- Managerial & leadership skills
- Communication skills
- Decision-making skills
- Strategic orientation
- Analytical skills
- Presentation skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Customer service orientation
- Negotiation skills
- Initiative and integrity
- Members of the Secretariat are international employees whose responsibilities are not national but exclusively international. In carrying out their functions they have to demonstrate the personal qualities expected of international employees such as integrity, independence and impartiality.
- The post is at grade B reporting to the Director, Support Services Division. The compensation package, including expatriate benefits, is commensurate with the level of the post.
28th February, 2021.
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to fill in a résumé and an application form which can be received from their Country’s Governor (PDF) (See Nigeria address below) for OPEC or Click Here (Ms Word) to download Application Form. In order for applications to be considered, the application form and resume must reach the OPEC Secretariat through the relevant Governor not later than the closing date stated above.
NIGERIA COUNTRY GOVERNOR
Federal Republic of Nigeria
Dr. Omar Farouk Ibrahim, MCIPR,
Group General Manager, International Energy Relations (GGM IER),
Governor for OPEC,
Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation – NNPC,
Block D 10th Floor, Room 04, NNPC Towers,
Download Application Form (Ms Word)
Note: Applicants must be nationals of Member Countries of OPEC and should not be older than 58 years.
WHO IS Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC)?
Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) – We coordinate and unify the petroleum policies of its Member Countries and ensure the stabilization of oil markets in order to secure an efficient, economic and regular supply of petroleum to consumers, a steady income to producers and a fair return on capital for those investing in the petroleum industry.View More Jobs at Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC)
PLEASE help others by Sharing This Job Opportunity on: