Position Title: Manager, Power Plant.
Job Station: Ogun State.
Manager, Power Plant job opportunity is available at Dangote Group for individuals who possess relevant qualifications.
- Coordinate the operations of the power plant equipment in a continuous, efficient, and economical manner.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:-
- Monitor operations for efficiency and safety ensuring that all applicable regulatory requirements are followed.
- Oversee technical staff, such as control room engineers and fuel management officers in the performance of their duties.
- Ensure the safe and reliable operation of the plant according to approved procedures and within environmental constraints.
- Oversee unit start-ups, shutdowns, and normal operation of electric generating equipment in a power plant.
- Control quality, quantity and promptness of work performed as measured against accepted standards.
- Recommend improvements and modifications in organisation, complement, procedures, policies, standards, specifications, methods, processes, and equipment within area of supervision.
- Enforce accident prevention and occupational health work procedures and regulations. Ensure safekeeping of materials, tools, and equipment.
- Coordinate the operations of the power plant, including all auxiliary equipment in a safe, professional manner, in accordance with industry standards, environmental restrictions, original equipment manufacturers’ recommendations and DCP Standard Operating Procedures.
- Ensure the continuous operation of the generating plant, including all auxiliary equipment in a manner which will achieve the optimum thermal efficiency, without compromising safety, plant availability and reliability.
- Provide regular updates to the Head, Power Plant on the status of plant operations.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Head, Power Plant from time to time.
DESIRED EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATION:-
Education and Work Experience:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering or its equivalent in a relevant discipline.
- A minimum of 18 to 20 years plant operations related experience of GE Gas Turbine generation plant
Skills and Competencies:
- In-depth understanding of power plant systems and interactions among systems
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Good networking and teaming skills.
- Good data gathering and analysis skills.
- Baseline problem analysis and solving skills.
- Creativity and an ability to think out of the box.
- Proficiency in the use of office productivity tools.
Private Health Insurance
Paid Time Off
Training & Development
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
WHO IS Dangote Group?
Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified business conglomerates with a hard – earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa.
PLEASE help others by Sharing This Job Opportunity on: