Position Title: Programme Assistant, Livestock.
Job Station: Borno State.
Programme Assistant, Livestock job opportunity is available at Christian Aid (CA) for individuals who possess relevant qualifications.
- The Programme Assistant Livestock (PAL) will be responsible for implementing all project activities in the target communities in Maiduguri LGA, both directly and indirectly through training/mentoring of project community volunteers and Program Beneficiaries (PBs), linking up with BOSADP, other NGOs, and private sector actors at the community level.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:-
Under the direct supervision of the POL and in collaboration with the community volunteers, CPAs, and other team members of the program and of the base, the PAL will:
- Facilitate community entry activities.
- Implement the community livestock project plans and make recommendations to the POL for approval of community project livestock activities
- Facilitate the training of beneficiaries of livestock/poultry management
- Facilitate surveys on related livestock interventions in communities.
- Prepare action plans and provide direct support to beneficiaries through visits, in line with the action plans, etc.
- Facilitate links and referrals relationships between the beneficiaries and community groups and local sources of support.
- Ensure all documentation, reports, and records on livestock activities from the community are maintained per agreed procedure, and information is provided on community activities as required.
- Co-facilitate step-down trainings on livestock activities for beneficiaries and community groups on various topics, as outlined in the implementation plan.
- Support beneficiaries and community groups to conduct assessments/project on livestock activities to all especially women and youths in the communities.
- Work on facilitating partnerships with relevant livestock value chain actors and their service providers (Private BDS providers)
- Support activities on community disaster risk reduction, famer field schools, asset transfer and revolving fund management, community-based saving and lending groups opportunities
- Ensure data collection of livestock activities under technical guidance of the M&E officer
- Coordinate with community- based LGA BOSADP officers, other NGOs and private sector actors.
- Support Project Stakeholders to implement livestock program activities in the target communities, as listed above, through:
- Co-facilitation of community training on various livestock issues and topics as outlined in the project implementation plan and training modules.
- Work with LGA-based project teams to model techniques and processes for community engagement under direct implementation.
- In subsequent stages of community engagement, provide mentoring and oversight on livestock activities of the community volunteers.
- Maintain documentation and M&E systems at the community level: under the technical guidance of M&E officer, work with community mobilizers, village agents, beneficiaries, and community groups to ensure that all documents for beneficiaries are kept up-to-date, accurate, and secured; and ensure that information is compiled as needed in an accurate and timely basis to assess progress against activities and outcomes for each community.
- Support the CAID Program Coordinator and stakeholders as required in externally representing the program to government agencies, other implementing partners, and service providers. Help establish referral systems with other service providers at the LGA level, to be utilized by community volunteers, CPAs, and beneficiary and community groups to refer beneficiaries for services not provided by this program.
- Facilitate the community volunteers, beneficiary and community groups to explore opportunities for soliciting additional indigenous support to program beneficiaries from local resources through community and in-kind contributions
- Co-facilitate livestock training activities for external agencies and private sector actors as required, and in line with the programme implementation plan.
- Work with the Finance, Admin, Logistics, Security, Procurement Officers, project partners, and community volunteers, and PAL to ensure that all financial activities conducted in each community are properly documented in line with CAID policies and donor procedures.
- Other ad hoc tasks as requested by POL.
DESIRED EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATION:-
- External Build strong relationships with partners, networks, donors, stakeholders, and community beneficiaries
- Internal Build a strong relationship with program departments, FSL/WASH Staff, MEAL officers,
- program managers, M&E units, and all in–country and global staff.
- Decision making
- Budgetary/savings responsibility Make decisions to manage community gatekeepers effectively, from identification of volunteers and village agents to the day–to–day management of community programme teams. Day to day decision to ensure community projects are running effectively and supporting the projects informed by Christian Aid’s strategy and strategic focus areas.
- Make contributions around project proposals, ensuring they are prepared and comply with community expectations
- Works on complex issues. Problems and issues, risks, and benefits may have implications across several project components.
- Required to develop new ways of doing things to better meet program goals requiring creative or analytical ability.
Applied skills / knowledge and expertise:
- Level of Education – Degree, in Animal production, Animal health, Science Veterinary Medicine and any relevant field with at least 2 years’ experience
- Must have substantial experience in implementing community-level development projects, using participatory engagement and grassroots mobilization techniques.
- Experience working on livestock value chain actors and their service providers (Private BDS providers)
- Sound experience working on disaster risk reduction, farmer field schools, asset transfer and revolving fund management, community-based saving and lending groups
- Excellent training and facilitation skills with a wide variety of groups having diverse experiences, backgrounds, skills, and education levels.
- Experience in handling grants to local groups, ensuring appropriate basic documentation and accountability at the community/field level.
- Excellent verbal communication and listening skills.
- Spoken English-Excellent; Written English-Good (ability to type and prepare reports and other documents as needed.)
- Must be able to speak at least one local language predominant in that state.
- Involvement in relevant value chain projects, and/or those involving vulnerable people, especially those with asset/cash transfer components and/or interventions.
- Experience in engaging directly with vulnerable people, facilitating women activities, and/or facilitating vulnerable people’s participation in meetings, discussions, etc.
- Involvement in projects and/or initiatives that address issues of power, diversity, exclusion, participation, and gender.
- Ability to multi-task, engage in long-term planning, meet deadlines, and handles last-minute demands; exercise patience, and adapt to changing circumstances.
29th September, 2021.Interview Date
4th October, 2021.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
WHO IS Christian Aid (CA)?
Christian Aid (CA) is a UK-based international NGO, partnering with others to end poverty in Africa. At the heart of this vision is the transformation of the lives of people who live in poverty, empowering them to have a brighter future. Christian Aid works in more than 30 countries and has been operating in Nigeria since 2003. The Nigeria Country programme focuses on Community Health and HIV, Accountable Governance including humanitarian response and Gender.
PLEASE help others by Sharing This Job Opportunity on: