Position Title: Head of Human Resources.
Job Station: Abuja.
Head of Human Resources job opportunity is available at Layer3 for individuals who possess relevant qualifications.
- The Head, Human Resources & Administration is a dual role responsible for developing and executing the HR & Admin strategy to support the Layer3 vision and mission.
- Implementing Layer3’s HR and Admin strategy with the view of optimizing workforce management, enhance productivity and ensure alignment with the organizations business plan and strategic objectives. The incumbent will manage the HR unit and the Admin unit to achieve the desired business outcomes.
- The role will also lead and direct the HR team to enable them to deliver a comprehensive HR service to the business; as well as lead and direct the Admin team to optimize the efficiency of the Admin unit. He/She proactively advises on best practice for the HR and Administrative functions.
- The role will lead, direct and manage the day-to-day Human Resources and Administrative activities for Layer3.
- He/She will provide oversight and guidance to the development and monitoring of processes in the HR unit; as well as oversee administrative functions.
- Working closely with the entire team, Layer3 will create the industry leader in performance, customer and employee satisfaction making her an employer of choice.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:-
- Lead and direct the Human Resource team to deliver a comprehensive HR service to the business.
- Employee Relations managing absence, disciplinaries, grievances, sickness etc. Measure employee satisfaction and identify areas that require improvement.
- Performance Management coaching managers on performance management issues and processes.
- Learning & Development providing guidance on development for managers and their teams.
- Training – Preparing and implementing the training and development agenda; identify areas that need attention and improvement.
- Recruitment & retention – managing talent and succession planning; taking overall responsibility for recruitment activity and campaigns.
- Reward, advice and support employees on company benefits.
- Policy & procedures implementation of new HR policies, procedures, and processes.
- In conjunction with relevant parties, ensure all HR policies and procedures are up to date in line with current employment law. Ensure line managers are up to date with changes to any policies.
- Working with senior managers, coaching them, and advising on all people issues.
- Deal with complex disciplinary/grievance and HR issues, using HR and company knowledge evidencing appropriate decision-making skills.
- Crafting of business and people solutions.
- Crafting of innovative solutions that will make the work environment a fun, but conducive, place to be.
- Develop effective policies for the strategic development of the HR Unit.
- Managing HR budgets.
- Develop and implement new administrative systems and policies to optimize efficiency.
- Managing and liaising with the admin team to improve service excellence of all administrative unit tasks.
- Continuously seek ways to improve service delivery by establishing processes for all administrative tasks.
- Ensure that Layer3 processes and procedures are best practice compliant.
- Involvement in management discussions on the organization’s policies and strategic development.
- Manage Admin budgets
- Deliver strategic reports on administrative tasks to senior management.
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory authorities.
DESIRED EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATION:-
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in any relevant discipline (an MBA will be an advantage)
- CIPM or CIPD or equivalent Professional qualification.
- Minimum of 10 years working experience in a senior HR Managerial role (ICT industry experience will be an added advantage).
Key Skills Acquired:
- Detailed understanding of HR functions and Admin functions
- Strategic planning skills
- Superb communication skills hone with business partnering/advisory roles.
- Examples of adding value as both an individual contributor and active team member.
- Experience of dealing with senior and sometimes challenging individuals.
- Ability to build rapport quickly with key members of the executive team.
- Planning, prioritizing, and organizing skills.
- Problem assessment and problem-solving skills for general office administration.
- Must be able to function in an environment with predominant young employees.
- Ability to represent the Human Resource & Admin function as part of the bigger business picture.
- Confident directing HR and advising managers on all aspects of people management and development.
- Strong understanding of Nigerian employment law.
- Coaching and leadership skills
- Willing to continuously update personal skills and knowledge.
- A HR professional, with the ability to deliver high employee satisfaction, appropriate development, and reward for individuals.
- An administrative expert with keen attention to details and highly organized.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
WHO IS Layer3?
Layer3 is a fun and innovative place to work – a leader in Cloud, Security, Network and Data center solutions in Nigeria. We are one of the few companies in Africa to have attained all three global security standard certifications namely ISO 27001, ISO 27017 and PCI-DSS. We were listed by the London Stock Exchange Group’s ‘Companies to Inspire Africa 2019’ report in 2018 as well as, by Jobberman as one of the Top ICT companies to work for in Nigeria. We have a superb work culture with strong values. We are passionate about building a great company with a generation of future leaders and a team of professionals that are changing the world.
Our positive work environment inspires all Layerons to live their dreams and be the best they can be. This coupled with our passion for excellence, world class technology solutions and global partners, help us fulfil our mission which is to make our customers’ businesses more successful.View More Jobs at Layer3
PLEASE help others by Sharing This Job Opportunity on: