Position Title: Silver Service Waiter / Waitress.
Job Station: Abuja.
Silver Service Waiter / Waitress job opportunity is available at Grand Pela Hotel and Suites for individuals who possess relevant qualifications.
- A Silver Service Waiter / Waitress is generally a more experienced waiter that specialises in serving food, using a fork and spoon, from platters directly to the guests’ plates at the table
- He or she is responsible to provide Food and Beverage service to guests according to established standards, policies and procedures
- Also, provide a courteous and professional service at all times
- Responsible for all duties prior to and after service, ensuring maximum guest satisfaction at all times.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:-
- Able to prepare all Food and beverage mise-en-place duties prior to service
- Able to provide a warm welcome and fond farewell to the guests
- Greet guests according to the standards to ensure superior service
- Anticipate guest needs, ascertain satisfaction, and respond urgently and appropriately to guest concerns and requests
- Possess good knowledge of a different kind of silverware
- Good knowledge in maintaining all type of silverware and E.P.N.S ware (Electro Plated Nickel Silver) used in the restaurant for food and beverage service
- Setup the restaurant according to the table plan,cover layout and standards defined by the hotel’s management
- Make sure all assigned duties prior to service are completed
- Attend service briefings prior to each meal period
- Know the restaurant menu and Specials of the day
- Greet and seat guests
- Offer Menu and Wine List and attend to napkins
- Take Food and Beverage orders
- Serve Food and Beverage orders
- Check and clear Waiter’s station during and after service
- If required assist in bringing food from kitchen to the guest ensuring accuracy and timeliness
- Handle all guest complaints in a professional manner
- Clear soiled silverware and any other operating equipment to designated wash-up / storage area
- Able to generate the final bill from the POS system and offer to guest settlement
- To clear and re-set tables according to instructions
- To clean all soiled linen to the designated area
- Report any theft or damages to Manager / Assistant Manager
- Report to Restaurant Manager / Assistant Manager before completion of the shift
- Help other areas of the restaurant such as answering telephones and completing financial transactions
- Print closing report and drop the cash with the front office / accounts department
- Tally the Credit Card settlements for the day with the batch closing report from EDC machine
- Close the shift at the POS terminal
- Able to report for duty punctually, wearing a correct and clean uniform and name badge at all times
- Able to have a complete understanding of the Restaurant’s operating policies and procedures
- Must participate in staff training and briefings
- Able to maintain a good teamwork relationship with colleagues
- Able to maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene at all times
- Assist in clearing, cleaning and set-up of tables, chairs, linens, china, glass and silver for service in an unobtrusive manner
- Assist in stocking linens, china, glass, silver, and food items for service
- Assist in preparation of smaller items such as toast, soup, or beverages
- Able to carry out other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned
DESIRED EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATION:-
- Postgraduate or diploma in hotel management or related course.
- Minimum of 4 years in a similar position in a high volume luxury or full-service hotel chain or restaurant.
- Have good interpersonal skills
- Have good communication skills
- Have exceptional knowledge and skills about silver service
- Eye for detail
- Must be efficient and speedy
- Able to stand for long periods
- Basic computer knowledge
- Familiar with operating POS (Point of sale) systems
2nd May, 2021.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their cover letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail
WHO IS Grand Pela Hotel and Suites?
Grand Pela Hotel and Suites, Abuja, managed by Premium Swiss Hotels & Resorts Zurich-Switzerland, is a luxury 4Star hotel located at the residential area in Durumi, near American Int’l School, Abuja. The Hotel is 30 minutes’ drive to / from Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport and 15 mins from the city Centre of Abuja.
PLEASE help others by Sharing This Job Opportunity on: