Position Title: WATSAN Specialist.
Job Station: Abuja.
WATSAN Specialist job opportunity is available at Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) - French for individuals who possess HND equivalent in Civil, Environmental, Hydraulic or Public Health Engineering.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:-
- Performs technical WatSan and Maintenance assessments in collaboration with the medical teams, identify needs, provide recommendations, and support to responses in his/her field of expertise.
- Support in the management and follow-up of the recommendations and timeline of activities for all pro-jects (daily management site supervision) in his/her field of expertise in collaboration with the Project Logisticians (LTL/Log Managers). As well as defining the WatSan strategy for the Mission
- Assist in the production of WatSan related documents (including engineering drawings, work and technical specifications, bill of quantities, terms of reference, tender documents and contract forms, etc.) for the projects according to MSF standards as defined by the Project and Technical Referents.
- Assist in the quality control for all WatSan installations including the boreholes drinking water and works and material in collaboration with the Project Logisticians and Logistics Coordination team.
- Provide day-to-day support to all projects in his/her field expertise for all WatSan related matters, in accordance with the Mission policies and standards as defined by the Logistics Coordinator, WatSan Regional Technical Referent and HQ Referents.
- Ensure the compliance to the Mission policies, procedures, protocols in his/her field expertise.
- Support in the administrative part (contract management, WatSan market assessment, renewal documentations, training needs and opportunities, etc.) for the WatSan related activities in the Mission.
- Represent MSF France in any WASH Cluster Meetings and/or Camp Coordination meetings in the capital or project sites.
- Ensure adequate follow up of stock, equipment inventory and maintenance plan for the WatSan family on MEMO at mission level.
DESIRED EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATION:-
- Technical university degree or HND equivalent in Civil, Environmental, Hydraulic or Public Health Engineering is essential. Specialization in Water and Sanitation is desirable.
- Proficient user of MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook) is essential
- Proficient user of AutoCAD drawing program is essential.
- Essential at least two years of working experience in Water and Sanitation related activities.
- Previous experience with MSF or other INGOs in essential.
- English: Oral and Written Essential
- Hausa: Oral essential
- Other local Languages Desirable.
- Analytical Thinking: Compiles information and breaks down a problematic situation into parts. (L1)
- Results and Quality Orientation: Works towards objectives, preserving established standards. (L2)
- Planning and Organizing: Is proactive regarding planning and organizing his/her job area. (L2)
- Capacity to Negotiate: Communicates to others his/her objectives and requests. (L2)
- Security Awareness and Management: Has a working knowledge of security guidelines and basic awareness of contextual factors and applied them to day-to-day activities and decision-making process. (L1)
- Networking and Building Relationship: Maintains existing networks. (L1).
- Abuja with frequent visits to MSF intervention locations in Nigeria
- Open Ended contract.
- 208 working hours per month and roster flexibility required.
- Probation Period: Three Months.
Monthly Gross salary of N460,940 (Four Hundred and Sixty Thousand, Nine Hundred and Forty Naira only) plus 13th month allowance equivalent to 1 month of gross salary
7th April, 2021.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
- Only successful applicants will be called for interview.
- No monetary transactions, neither demands of favours in kind, nor other types of favouritism will be tolerated in the recruitment process.
- MSF reserves the right to refuse hiring of a candidate having benefitted from such acts. All illicit demands of these types may be pursued through the judicial system.
- MSF is an equal opportunity employer.
WHO IS Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) - French?
Médecins Sans Frontières is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
PLEASE help others by Sharing This Job Opportunity on: