Position Title: Enterprise Assistant.
Job Station: Borno State.
Enterprise Assistant job opportunity is available at Search for Common Ground (SFCG) for individuals who possess relevant qualifications.
- The Enterprise Assistant supports the Enterprise Officers to implement the economic reintegration component of the “Supporting the Socio-Economic Reintegration of Children Associated with Armed Groups, and other vulnerable children, in North East Nigeria” project.
- This will ensure timely and quality implementation of all project activities as defined in the proposal.
- The Enterprise Assistant will support coordinate training for enterprise beneficiary children to ensure they are equipped with technical skills and knowledge.
- Enterprise Assistants will then ensure children of legal age are matched with mentors from their local community to develop skills through informal apprenticeships, before then being supported with seed grants to procure basic items to set up small scale businesses in their area of skills development.
- The Enterprise Assistant will motivate, inspire and support children in target communities in making informed choices regarding their skills development, to assist them in the future.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:-
- Work directly with selected enterprise adolescent children and help increase their financial capabilities and coordinate their enrollment in the apprenticeships and micro-enterprise training on a one to one basis, as well as a selection of self-employment and wage-employment businesses opportunities;
- Support in Identification & organizing micro-enterprise training courses/workshops to facilitate the development of start your own business skills of the target participants; Support individuals in their applications for the creation and engagement of bank accounts;
- Provide support and information to target participants with regard to improving their job seeking skills through support and referrals to other initiatives;
- Support target beneficiaries in their application to establish bank accounts
- Support in Developing terms of reference (TORs) and Purchase Requests (PRs) for required trainings and workshops.
- Provide support and information to target adolescent children to improve their job seeking skills through support and referrals to other initiatives.
- Support the enterprise training activities that taking place in the project locations
- Help identify, assess and select the local artisans/small business owners in targeted communities;
- Support Monitor each young person’s relation with his/her employer and pay scheduled and random visits to the artisans to check on the progress of the beneficiaries and address any arising issues
- Collect monitoring data from the field in line with program indicators and submit regular updates, reports and case studies on success stories and lessons learned;
- Keep abreast of local context and security situation to provide feedback on Search’s weekly context analysis.
DESIRED EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATION:-
- University Degree or equivalent in Agriculture, Marketing, Business Management, Social Science, or a related field.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in marketing, livelihood, or a related field.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience with business and strategy development processes.
- Experience working with Children Associated with Armed Groups.
Other Relevant Requirements:
- Familiarity with principles,including best interest of the child, do no harm, humanitarian principles, amongst others.
- Strong cross cultural communication and interpersonal skills.
- Highly organised and systematic, with excellent attention to detail.
- Experience working in emergency settings
- Experience working in different communities in Borno State
- Experience working with refugees, IDPs, host communities, and other vulnerable populations
- Excellent analytical and writing skills
- Native of Kanuri, Shuwa Arab
- Good analytical, problem solving and project planning skills.
- Ability to prioritise, plan, organise workflow to tight timeframes, handle multiple tasks, and be flexible with changing priorities.
- Community-oriented and respect for local culture.
- Good IT skills, particularly with MS Office – Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint.
- Strong command of both written and spoken English.
- Knowledge of a local language (Hausa, Kanuri) a must.
- Holds self and others to account to deliver on agreed goals and standards of behaviour.
- Demonstrates a high degree of professionalism/integrity.
- Provides good administrative and logistical support to team.
- Strong attitude towards teamwork and collaboration.
- Actively seeks support in addressing difficulties in execution of duties.
- Strategic thinking and effective contribution to own work and organisational development.
- Sound judgement and decision-making in complex situations.
- Strong emotional intelligence, including self-awareness.
- Leads by example to motivate high performance of others.
- Strong commitment to continuous learning.
29th October, 2021.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Interested candidates should send the following to our Career Portal:
- Current resume
- Cover Letter (which includes expectations of compensation and projected start date)
Note: Please compile your writing sample and Resume into one document as the system only has the functionality to upload two documents per application. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
WHO IS Search for Common Ground (SFCG)?
Search for Common Ground (SFCG) is an international non-profit organization that promotes the peaceful resolution of conflict. With headquarters in Washington, DC and Brussels, Belgium, Search’s mission is to transform how individuals, organizations, and governments deal with conflict – away from destructive approaches towards cooperative solutions. With more than 600 staff worldwide, Search implements projects in more than 30 countries across the globe.
PLEASE help others by Sharing This Job Opportunity on: